Burford is the world’s largest provider of financial solutions for business litigation
What we do
Pursuing a high-stakes commercial claim is costlier and more uncertain than ever. As a result, clients may be challenged to pursue even the most meritorious claims—because they lack funds or have more urgent needs for their capital. The result is lost value for their businesses and for the law firms that serve them.
Litigation finance from Burford solves this problem. We provide capital so that meritorious commercial litigation can proceed.
By assuming the cost and risk of litigation through a non-recourse investment, we help clients and lawyers transform claims from burdensome expenses to assets with upside potential. As a result, we help them add value to their businesses and their firms.
We provide financing to companies from startups to the Fortune 500 and to leading law firms around the world, on a single-case and portfolio basis.
- Non-recourse funding of legal fees and expenses at any stage
- Enables clients to work with firm of choice
- Functions as “hybrid contingency” for firms under pressure for alternative or reduced fees
- Allows firms to expand new business without increasing cost or risk
- Provides capital to client or firm across pool of existing or future matters
- Offers accounting benefits for corporations and law firms
What makes us different
Burford isn’t a “litigation funder”. We’re a corporate finance provider to law firms and their clients—with more expertise, more readily available capital and a longer and stronger track record of success and innovation than any of our competitors.
We are the world’s largest provider of litigation finance, with scale and longevity to commit for the duration of high-stakes business litigation—and with the right incentives in place.