The latest issue of the Burford Quarterly (4/2020) features roundtables on insolvency trends in offshore jurisdictions and The Equity Project and an article on equity investments and legal finance.
Complete the form to view the Burford Quarterly and receive a PDF link in your email
This issue of the Quarterly includes:
- Leading an evolving industry
Burford’s CEO Christopher Bogart explains how Burford, as the leader of an evolving industry, can be a valuable partner to in-house and law firms lawyers today.
- Decisions on stays of enforcement in international arbitration
Learn current trends in ICSID stay of enforcement requests and how asset recovery specialists can help during the enforcement decision making process.
- Roundtable: Insolvency experts review trends in offshore jurisdictions
Three offshore insolvency experts examine key trends in insolvency litigation in the BVI and the Cayman Islands.
- Equity investments and legal finance
Burford's CIO Jonathan Molot examines how law firms and companies can take advantage of innovative equity-backed financing arrangements.
- Championing women lawyers: Two years of The Equity Project
Two years following the launch of The Equity Project, nine Champions discuss practical advice on promoting gender equality in law.
- Law firm practicum: Considerations and advice for emerging contingency practices
A short primer on the considerations raised when talking to law firms developing contingency practices.
- A case study on legal finance valuation
Learn how Burford value claims and calculates probable damages for the cases we finance.