The Spring 2016 Quarterly addresses the theme of business innovation and its benefits to clients and law firms, with articles covering patent litigation funding, proactive versus reactive approaches to law firm finance and a Q&A with Burford’s Chairman, Sir Peter Middleton GCB.
Download the Burford Quarterly
The Spring 2016 issue of the Quarterly includes:
- UK research update: Litigation finance has become corporate finance
While misconceptions abound regarding litigation financing, Burford has ample reason to believe that more and more in-house counsel, corporate executives and law firms will continue to utilize it with greater frequency.
- The business of law: Alternative capital structures for law firms
External capital can ameliorate short-termism necessitated by legal industry’s reliance on the cash partnership structure.
- Redefining success in the corporate legal department
By becoming familiar with all the potential uses of litigation financing, savvy corporates can grow their businesses despite ongoing cases.
- Perception versus reality in patent litigation funding
Patent litigation funding is widely accepted and utilized but requires a strong PR strategy to overcome a vocal minority’s mischaracterizations of the field.
- Law firm finance re-imagined: Proactive versus reactive approaches
Deploying external capital to plan proactively allows law firms to remove unpredictability and instead focus on supporting clients and maximizing profits.
- Q&A: What boards need to know about litigation finance, featuring Sir Peter Middleton GCB
Sir Peter Middleton GCB, Chairman of Burford Capital, offers insight into the advantages of litigation finance for large and small businesses alike.