The Summer 2016 Quarterly emphasizes important conditions to keep in mind when choosing finance providers, key takeaways from the 2016 Litigation Finance Survey and a Q&A with Justin Bass about the benefits of legal finance to insolvency practitioners.
Download the Burford Quarterly
The Summer 2016 issue of the Quarterly includes:
- What lawyers need to know when diligencing capital providers
Burford analyzes the criteria that lawyers and clients should consider before selecting the proper finance partner.
- Delaware ruling affirms that litigation finance is not champerty
The Presiding Judge of Delaware’s Supreme Court decided in favor of litigation finance in a suit between Charge Injection Technologies, Inc. and DuPont.
- US research update: 2016 Litigation Finance Survey
Data shows that the field of litigation finance has grown dramatically as clients and firms seek a competitive edge in an increasingly expensive legal market.
- Transforming UK insolvency litigation with portfolio finance
Litigation finance provides insolvency practitioners with the opportunity to pursue claims that would otherwise be improbable.
- How GCs can unlock IP asset value (and make friends with the CFO)
By using legal finance, GCs can move litigation costs off corporate balance sheets, thereby providing longevity to clients and steady profits to the business.