The Summer 2017 Quarterly showcases a mix of case studies, quantitative analyses and industry best practices to help readers become comfortable with the steps required to obtain outside funding.
Download the Burford Quarterly
The Summer 2017 issue of the Quarterly includes:
- Financing corporate legal costs: Self finance vs. outside finance
An ACME Co. case study shows that outside finance can ameliorate the risks and costs associated with litigation more effectively than self-financing.
- How law firms use portfolio finance
By bundling cases into monetization and/or risk-sharing portfolios, firms can proactively manage finances, increase profitability, and limit risk.
- Financing contentious tax claims
External capital can move costs off balance sheets, allowing corporations and law firms to streamline profits and mitigate exposure.
- Getting to “yes”: Securing finance for IP litigation
Burford provides an overview of the IP litigation financing process to help clients and firms learn if they are optimal candidates to receive funding.
- Litigation finance disclosure: Transparency or tactics?
In the US, courts have deemed disclosure of litigation finance unnecessary, despite opposition from a few critics.