Although women have made up half of all incoming trainees at most law firms for over 20 years, women still struggle to make it to partner and even fewer reach equity partner.
The InterLaw Diversity Forum hosted a webinar with Burford Capital on Monday 6 July 2020 on how to drive gender equality within the legal profession from the client perspective with a focus on intersectionality.
The webcast discusses key takeaways from Burford's groundbreaking new report based on interviews with over 75 GCs and senior in-house lawyers from top companies around the world. The 2020 Equity Project Study examines how clients leverage their “power of the purse” to close the gender gap in law.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How gender diversity influences which firms GCs engage
- How we can consider intersectionality in order to support all women across race, LGBT+, disability, etc.
- Effective and innovative ways companies are working to close the gender gap
- How law firms can better collaborate with their clients to advance gender equity
- How we can empower men who work in-house and at law firms to be better allies and sponsors to support women’s advancement
Watch the webcast below as provided by InterLaw Diversity Forum.
- Sarah Blomfield, Managing Director, Global Head of Compliance, Rothschild
- Elizabeth Fisher, Senior Vice President, Burford Capital
- David Jackson, Managing Director, Head of Group Corporate, Treasury and M&A Legal, Barclays
- Patti Kachidza, Head of Litigation, M&G Prudential (Former); Axiom
- Daniel Winterfeldt QC (Hon), Founder & Chair, InterLaw Diversity Forum; Global Capital Markets Partner, Reed Smith
Download the 2020 Equity Project Study to find out more.