The Winter 2016 Quarterly offers insight into the burgeoning use of litigation finance across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific region and analyzes developments in competition and arbitration.
Download the Burford Quarterly
The Winter 2016 issue of the Quarterly includes:
- Snapshots of recent developments affecting litigation and arbitration finance
Burford analyzes updates affecting the legal finance sphere, including the granting of class actions in the UK, the EU directive on competition infringements and the advancements in arbitration finance in the Asia-Pacific region.
- A global perspective on financing antitrust and competition
Litigation finance can allow claimants to capitalize on the intensifying antitrust behavior in the US, UK and Europe despite high costs of proceedings.
- Offset adverse costs of arbitration with outside financing
Burford offers adverse cost indemnity protection to offset the rising costs of arbitration, mitigating cost and risk for clients and law firms.
- Financing judgments and settlements: Advantages and disadvantages
By reducing risk and liberating much-needed funds, finance providers like Burford provide clients with numerous avenues to success.
- Q&A: Charles D. Booth on litigation finance in Asia
Expert Charles D. Booth reviews the use of litigation finance in Asia, specifically in Hong Kong and Singapore, and predicts that its implementation will grow significantly over the next five years.