According to Law360’s 2021 Diversity Snapshot, racial diversity at US firms grew by 2.3% between 2017-2020 and a mere 1.8% at the partner level. Clearly, amidst the ongoing war for talent, law firms must continue to push for racial diversity—and by focusing on not just recruitment but retention of diverse legal talent.
Join legal diversity leaders from Bartlit Beck and Kaplan Hecker as they share perspectives on establishing DEI initiatives and how law firms and companies can take meaningful steps towards creating a more inclusive environment for diverse talent, in a conversation moderated by Burford’s Gabriela Bersuder.
Attendees will learn:
- Key factors in retaining diverse talent
- How in-house departments can support diversity in the legal industry
- Setting up successful DEI initiatives
- The role of economic incentives like The Equity Project in advancing diversity efforts
- Brandon Trice, Senior Associate, Kaplan Hecker
- Gabriela Bersuder, Vice President, Burford Capital
- Rob Addy, Partner, Bartlit Beck
- Rufus Caine III, CEO, Talent Consulting & Solutions Firm