Companies risk turning back the clock on gender equality.
On March 24, 2020, the UK government suspended gender pay gap reporting due to the “unprecedented uncertainty and pressure” facing businesses due to Covid-19.
But despite this, gender equality is even more critical now given the pandemic’s gender-regressive impacts. According to the Office of National Statistics, during the first UK lockdown women took on two-thirds of the additional childcare duties, while at the same time being more likely to be furloughed or to lose their jobs. And if no action is taken to prevent women’s unemployment as a result of the pandemic, global GDP growth could be $1 trillion lower in 2030.
This moderated discussion addresses why prioritizing diversity and inclusion remains essential, especially now, with a panel of senior legal leaders:
- Meera Ferguson, Deputy General Counsel, Adecco Group
- Alice Stephenson, Founder & CEO, Stephenson Law
- Nir Golan, Managing Director, Elevate
- Justin North, Managing Director, Morae
By watching the webcast attendees will learn:
- How overall company performance and diversity and inclusion are linked
- Why Covid-19 could turn back the clock on diversity and inclusion and the associated risks
- What legal teams and law firms can do to further gender equality
- How economic incentives like The Equity Project can accelerate the pace of change
Register to watch the replay below:
Contact Burford to learn more about this marketing event