If women need to break the glass ceiling, men need to throw down boulders from above.
Gender equality in the workforce is good for the economy: Companies with greater executive team gender diversity outperform in profitability and value creation, and research suggests that a gender diverse workforce can result in increases in productivity, competitiveness and profitability across economies.
Gender equality in the workforce also benefits men—and without the invested support of men—often the most powerful stakeholders in large corporations and law firms—significant progress towards ending gender disparity in the legal industry and in wider business is unlikely.
This 60-minute moderated discussion brings together an all-star panel of influential business leaders and change-makers to address the role of men in advancing gender equality in the workforce, especially in the business of law.
- Ricardo Anzaldua, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Freddie Mac
- Bendita Cynthia Malakia, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Hogan Lovells
- Daniel Winterfeldt QC (Hon) MBE, Founder and Chair, InterLaw Diversity Forum and Partner at Reed Smith
- Aviva Will, Co-Chief Operating Officer, Burford Capital
Tuesday, March 9 at 12:30pm EST/ 5:30pm GMT
Register for the webcast below:
Attendees will learn:
- The business imperatives for gender diversity
- The role of men in advancing gender diversity goals
- Concrete actions which male leaders can use to promote gender equity within their companies or firms
- How economic incentives like The Equity Project can accelerate the pace of change
Contact Burford to learn more about this marketing event