Elizabeth O’Connell is Chief Financial Officer of Burford, and leads its finance and investor relations functions.
Ms. O’Connell, one of Burford’s founders, was previously a Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of Glenavy Capital LLC, an international investment firm and one of the founding shareholders of Burford. Ms. O’Connell was also the Chief Financial Officer of Churchill Ventures Limited, a technology and media company listed on the American Stock Exchange.
Previously, Ms. O’Connell was a senior investment banker with extensive transactional activity all over the world. She was a senior Equity Syndicate Director at Credit Suisse, where she focused on technology equity offerings. Before that, she spent the bulk of her investment banking career at Salomon Brothers (later Citigroup), with broad experience in M&A and equity activity focused on telecom and media. She began her finance career in foreign exchange sales at Bank of America. Ms. O’Connell has raised more than $11 billion for clients including:
- Manulife – $1.7 billion (IPO)
- Intersil Holdings – $1.3 billion (IPO and secondary)
- Allegiance Telecom – $560 million (secondary)
- Interwoven – $536 million (IPO and secondary)
- Intersil Holdings – $528 million (secondary)
- Nextlink – $460 million (IPO and convertible preferred)
- Global Crossings – $400 million (IPO)
- McLeod – $360 million (IPO and secondary)
- Tag Heuer – $350 million (IPO)
- Efficient Networks – $350 million (convertible)
- Landamerica – $277.5 million (Secondary)
- TECO Energy – $208 million (secondary)
- Edison Schools – $165 million (secondary)
- Adelphia Communications – $130 million (secondary)
- University of Phoenix, Apollo Group – $70 million (IPO)
Ms. O’Connell is a Chartered Financial Analyst. She earned her MBA in finance from The University of Western Ontario Richard Ivey School of Business, and a BA from The University of Western Ontario. Ms. O’Connell has been a director and treasurer of the Danspace Project in New York City and a director of the Far and Wide Collective in Toronto and is married to Christopher Bogart, Burford’s Chief Executive Officer, and has fulfilled the CFO role in their various business ventures since 2003.