The gender and racial gap in patent law continues to be especially stark; according to the American Bar Association, in the patent field men outnumber women nearly five to one and just 6% of USPTO registrants are racially diverse.
Join Burford’s conversation with leaders from Kramer Day and Stris & Maher as we discuss practical solutions and tools to advance gender and racial parity in a highly technical area of the law.
Attendees will learn:
- Factors that have contributed to the diversity gap in IP
- The role of companies and law firms in pushing for change
- The value of economic incentives like The Equity Project in making the business case for progress
- Elizabeth Brannen, Managing Partner, Stris & Maher
- Robert F. Kramer, Partner, Kramer Day
- Katharine Wolanyk, Managing Partner, Burford Capital
This course is approved for 1.0 general credits in Illinois and is pending approval in California. A certificate of attendance will be shared shortly after the event.
Register to watch the webcast:
Date/Time: September 27 at 11am CDT/12pm EDT/5pm BST