Burford Vice President Emily Hostage spoke with Ari Kaplan on the Reinventing Professionals podcast to discuss the fundamentals of legal finance. In addition to discussing trends in legal finance and answering some of the most common questions law firm and in-house lawyers ask, including:
- How does legal finance work (and how does it differ from other forms of capital?
- How do law firms and corporate legal departments use legal finance?
- How does Burford evaluate litigation risk when pricing legal capital?
- What are the advantages of using outside legal finance versus internal legal budget?
- At what point in the legal cycle should clients and their lawyers seek outside financing?
Listen to the podcast below.