Even in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis, closing the gender gap in law must remain a priority. However there is a risk that diversity and inclusion may stop being a strategic priority for organizations as they focus on the economic fallout. Yet, studies by McKinsey suggest that it is exactly at times like these that diversity in leadership positions, including in law.
This complimentary webinar highlights findings from both Burford’s 2020 Equity Project study: General Counsel and the gender gap in law and McKinsey & Company’s Diversity still matters. The panelists will discuss how law firms and corporates should continually prioritize diversity and inclusion and how leveraging diversity improves the quality of decision making.
The webcast is moderated by Burford Senior Vice President, Elizabeth Fisher. Panelists include:
- Tiernan Brady, Global Director of Inclusion at Clifford Chance
- Sundiatu Dixon-Fyle, Senior Expert, Diversity and Inclusion at McKinsey & Company
- Jessica Woodhouse, Vice President at Burford Capital
By watching the webcast you will learn:
- How gender and ethnic diversity, inclusion and performance go hand in hand
- Why diversity and inclusion may lose momentum during the COVID-19 crisis and the risks associated with this
- Top obstacles facing women lawyers and what progress has been made
- How GCs and Heads of Legal see the gender gap in law
- What tangible steps law firms and corporates can seize the moment to forge a new commitment to equality
Fill out the form above to watch the recording!