“It is undeniable that litigation funding has an especially useful role to play in insolvency situations.”
Chua Lee Ming JC, Re Vanguard Energy Pte Ltd  SGHC 156
From the ground-breaking decision of Re Vanguard Energy in Singapore to the recent Hong Kong decision of Re Patrick Cowley, the courts in these jurisdictions have played a key role in developing the use litigation funding in insolvency, and have arguably been important forces in shaping the growth of the broader legal finance industry in Asia.
In the first of a two-part series on the development of the legal finance industry in Asia, leading practitioners in insolvency in the region will explore how the use of litigation finance has impacted insolvency matters in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Victor Jong, Partner, China and Hong Kong Restructuring & Insolvency Leader, PwC Hong Kong
- Ashok Kumar, Director, BlackOak LLC
- Brooke Holden, Principal, Lipman Karas
- Emily Tillett, Vice President, Burford Capital (moderator)
Attendees will learn:
- How the use of legal finance in insolvency has evolved in recent years
- Why litigation funding has become an essential part of an insolvency practitioner’s toolkit for maximizing recoveries for the insolvent estate
- Looking ahead—how the legal finance is expected to develop in the next few years in key Asian jurisdictions
Contact Burford to learn more about this marketing event